Proper Approach? - CA pinblock repairs

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 14:56:15 -0600 (CST)

Bill,

   Are you SURE it's Garfield's? I've seen pianos treated with anti-freeze
(yes, really) and they always have that sort of brown ring.

Avery

>What is that other
>stuff?  I find that  pianos treated with Garfield's develop a brown ring
>around the pins, and on the bushings, from dried seepage of excess material.
>It is easily seen. To me the pins always feel "smeary" and never feel like
>they can be set well, don't feel anything like normal tuning pins.
>
>Sincerely,
>Bill Simon
>Phoenix

Avery Todd, RPT                        Experience is something you don't
Moores School of Music                 get until just after you need it.
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-4893
713-743-3226
http://www.music.uh.edu/