Customers overpay me!

ANRPiano@AOL.COM ANRPiano@AOL.COM
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 01:32:44 EST

Lance wrote:

<< I had a no-show from a customer who scheduled with me, then got another
 tuner out quicker than I could and forgot to cancel me.  She refuses to pay
 the $45.00 failed appointment charge because "I have nothing writing".
 What do you do with no-shows?  Do we have a case?

Lance,

I have two way I handle these situations.

1)  Never, ever service that piano again.  Most of the time you will never
collect a no-show charge, but asking for it might make the customer a little
more aware of the value of your time.  Probably not!

2)  PIA (Pain in ass) surcharge on all future work.

Andrew Remillard