redhead and the Yamaha

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 08:52:20 -0600 (CST)

At 00:05 3/13/99 -0600, you wrote:
>At 11:31 PM 3/12/99 EST, you wrote:
>>In a message dated 3/12/99 10:05:03 PM Central Standard Time,
>>nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET writes:
>>
>><< Please attempt to give me a reasonably cogent
 and unemotional description...

>>It is the exact opposite of a true, Well-Tempered Tuning.
>>Bill Bremmer RPT

>Yet again, Bill, that's not an answer. It's not that easily dismissed. What
>is the "exact opposite" of a given temperament,...
> Ron

----------
Bill,
Subtle hint:  If you are reading this and not still screening my posts,
please give facts and figures!!

Perhaps you could start with a rundown of all the conditions which define a
"Well" temperament.

Characteristics of thirds...cents wide or narrow
Characteristics of fifths...cents wide or narrow
Relationship of D to other notes...
Usable triads...
Tonic center, with fifth sizes going both ways on circle.
...etc.

Maybe with "well" defined, then "Reverse well(sic)" will have some meaning.

i.e. Put your money where your mouth is, or those in the great
centrist/undecided ranks may decide that you are bankrupt.

Conrad Hoffsommer     mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu

This has been a test of the e-mail communication system.  Had there been a
real message, some information would have been transferred.  I now return
you to your regularly scheduled messages.