What's best

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 10:04:15 EST

In a message dated 3/13/99 1:09:43 AM !!!First Boot!!!, btrout@desupernet.net
writes:

<< I know we're talking 'Old Upright' here, so I wouldn't fault anyone for
doing a
 "just get 'em through 'till the rest of the thing falls apart in a million
pieces
 on the living room rug" type of repair.  But if I have an option, and the
rest of
 the piano isn't too bad, I much prefer to make a new bass bridge rather than
 repair the old one.  >>

Brian:

Apparently you do not know the Rippen piano. They are not old uprights. They
are relatively new pianos, but of very poor quality. I'm ashamed to admit they
were made in Holland, (my birth country). My dad used to sell them, because he
thought Dutch pianos were supposed to be good. But even he admitted they were
junk. You should have seen some of the cases they had. It was kind of like, if
they won't play right, they can at least look good.

Willem Blees