Teflon thingees

Bdshull@AOL.COM Bdshull@AOL.COM
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 11:12:40 EST

Jim and List:

The action manufacturer which used the brass ring around the teflon bushings
was Fleming.  I have found this system in certain Blüthners.  I believe it was
used primarily in the 70's.  Helga Kasimoff praises the system;  is sorry it
is gone.  I have no experience servicing the system.  It would be interesting
if someone would post on their experiences with it.

Bill Shull

<< Another thought. I can't remember the action maker who used the brass ring
 around the Teflon, but it occurs to me that this would force the bushing --
 as seen by the center pin -- to remain 'round' rather than becoming
 distorted. What it does (or did) for the bushing to wood clicking I don't
 know... I've never had any experience with these actions. This also adds
 support to those who have retro-added [whatever] to seal the wood at the
 bushing hole -- the sealer effectively becomes the "brass ring". >>