Paper Punchings Archiac?

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 15:42:23 +0100

In article <002301bef1cb$ee92b640$8c3f0ecf@only4zab>, Sy Zabrocki
<only4zab@imt.net> writes
>    magine an extra long balance rail pin as an axle with a small wheel
>    swedged about half way up the shaft. The lower end of the balance
>    rail pin is threaded and screwed into the keybed. So now place a
>    cloth balance rail punching on the round disc shaped (wheel) and
>    place the key over the pin like normal. The top end of the pin is
>    slotted so it can be turned with a screwdriver. Turning the top of
>    the balance rail pin either way raises the key up or down thus
>    eliminating the need for paper punchings.

Two thing to rule this out,  one cost.  Two anything with a screw thread
is going to move with vibration and become lose over time, where as the
paper only has to deal with compression over time and is cheep to put
right.

The system we have may look Archaic but it is tried and tested and uses
the KISS principle.

Barrie,

--

Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
The UK Piano Page                              |