yamaha GH-I

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 10:19:54 -0400

Garold, have you looked at any of the new Wurlitzers (flame suit has become
too small..)? The C-153(5'2"?) and the C-173(5'7"), when set up properly,
are a good value for the $$. They are decent pianos in that price range and
I'll put them up against the Yamaha GH-1 as a comparison..this is in NO way
a knock on any manufacturer..fact is I like Yamahas out of the box..they're
very tech-friendly..but when a customer is asking about the purchase of a
new grand piano in that price range, I must recommend the C-153 and the
C-173.

Still, and always will be,

Rook
  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Garold J. Beyer
  Sent: 29 August, 1999 9:35 AM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: yamaha GH-I

   List,

   I have a client who is considering purchasing a new Yamaha GH-I 5'3". As
I have no personal experience with this model I would like some opinions as
to quality and tone. Also, as compared to a 5'9" new Korean made but
Pianodisc finished Knabe for 1K less what would be the best value. Thanks in
advance.

  Garold Beyer RPT