yamaha GH-I

Robin Blankenship itune@new-quest.net
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 10:53:51 -0400

Garold,
 I work for a retailer that handles the GH-1. I have seen a number in =
home settings in which it was a very satisfactory instrument. I have =
also seen some in situations where it's limitations became apparent. =
That is, in a large church sanctuary, or performing venue, where the =
piano had to be voiced up until it did not have the tonal range it =
should. I understand that the scaling has been changed a couple of =
times, with the more recent ones being a return to the original model. =
My main concern with the GH-1 has been that they seem to be a bit harder =
to stabilize than the G or C series pianos. The plate may be a bit too =
insubstantial. But, then again, I do see some that are rock steady.  I =
just know that when I find a GH-1 in a seven-hundred seat church =
sanctuary, I'm in for a workout!!
As my employer also retails Piano Disc and related brand names, I am =
reluctant to draw quality comparisons. It's apples and oranges. If you =
want more detail, please contact me privately.
Best regards,
Robin Blankenship
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Garold J. Beyer=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, August 29, 1999 9:34 AM
  Subject: yamaha GH-I

   List,

   I have a client who is considering purchasing a new Yamaha GH-I 5'3". =
As I have no personal experience with this model I would like some =
opinions as to quality and tone. Also, as compared to a 5'9" new Korean =
made but Pianodisc finished Knabe for 1K less what would be the best =
value. Thanks in advance.

  Garold Beyer RPT