stability question

Thu, 19 Aug 1999 10:54:00 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: <Wimblees@AOL.COM>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 1999 7:58 AM
Subject: Re: stability question

> .... As much as I hate to say it, the only other alternative is an
electronic
> keyboard. There are not too many reasons to have one of these things, but
> this is a situation where it might be better than an acoustic piano.
>
> Willem Blees

Please.  By definition the piano is an acoustic instrument.  Call the others
what you will -- they are not pianos.  There is only one piano.  That is an
instrument that works by mechanical energy.  You sit down in front of it and
press down on the keys.  The effort of your fingers makes it produce sound.
You don't have to plug it in first.  Or put in batteries.  Or wind it up.
Or whatever.  You just play it.

Del