Baldwin hitch pin replacement?

Michiel van Loon mvanloon@xs4all.nl
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 17:55:39 -0000

Del or anybody else,

Could you please explain to me a little more precise what kind of pins can
be used as verical hitchpins?
I understand that they should be 4mm in diameter. But the word tension pin
does mean anything to this dumb Dutchman. What are they? What kind of steel
is preferred for those pins?
And how are they fixed in the plate? Just drill a hole a bit smaller , say
3.9mm and drive them in?

Michiel