new RPT

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 22:55:05 EDT

In a message dated 8/16/99 7:33:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time, you write:

<< How do I "feel" about being RPT?

    Like I jumped through the proper hoops. >>

Dear Les,

I hope you will accept my congratulations as well.  You are absolutely right
in thinking that you have reached the point where you can put into
perspective your next goals.

I strongly suggest that you get into the rebuilding end of the profession to
some degree, at least for a while.  You may find that this is what you really
like and pursue that end of the business but if the normal tuning and
servicing of pianos which are in good shape is the end of the business you'd
rather be in, the rebuilding experience will give the skills and the
background to be a thoroughly experienced, knowledgeable and capable
technician in every instance.  Years of consistent application of learned
techniques count for a great deal.

You can learn all of the ideas and techniques you need to know by attending
any and all PTG Regional Seminars that you can physically make it to, attend
the Annual Convention every time, no matter what, read the PTG Journal every
month, cover to cover, attend every local Chapter meeting and give your own
technical, continue contributing to this List, asking questions and answering
them and to seek out the opportunity to take piano factory tours and get
invited to seminars that the manufacturers give such as the Yamaha "Little
Red Schoolhouse" and the two very excellent Steinway programs.

I wish you the best of luck and courage.

Bill Bremmer RPT