Piano wire quality

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 21:29:11 -0500 (CDT)

>I was perusing the Apsco catalog today and stopped for a bit at the piano
wire page.  They have 3 different products to sell.  They have the Diamond
brand, the Roslau brand, and the Mapes International Gold brand.  (The
Roslau comes in tinned wire too if you want it.)

Hi Brian,
Not much help, I'm afraid, except to point out that, at least, the Roslau is
metric, and doesn't exactly correspond to American Standard wire sizes.
Probably nothing to be too concerned with in real world use, but... There I
go again, trying to convince someone that the piano business has anything to
do with the real world. <G> Never mind.

Since the subject came up, sort of, does anyone have breaking tension
figures on the International Gold?

Regards,
 Ron N