Center Pin Lube

Dick Beaton rbeaton@initco.net
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 19:35:25 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul S. Larudee <larudee@pacbell.net>
To: pianotech@ptg.org <pianotech@ptg.org>
Date: Monday, August 16, 1999 4:43 PM
Subject: Re: Center Pin Lube

>Dick Beaton wrote:

    Hi again....
No, I just treated it, but it was too long ago to recall the fine details.
All I know is that piano is still there and is used frequently...funerals,
weddings, and Sunday masses. It holds so well it only gets tuned once a year
or so!

I have a Steinway O in my shop that I bought about a year ago.  It has the
"green" stuff. Protek was used, but it wasn't in all that bad shape.  If you
take the top action off and swing the hammers, they are not all the same,
but it isn't noticeable when playing.  I'm sending the piano to my daughter
in Silverdale, WA so her two kids will have a nice piano to learn on.  I'll
be able to keep an eye on it and have Jeannie Grassi tune it once in
awhile...it is in her area.
Dick RPT MT