V-Pro discussion

Sat, 14 Aug 1999 21:19:02 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: <ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 14, 1999 9:51 AM
Subject: Re: V-Pro discussion

> << Well, then.  What were those void in the casting that I hit the last
time I
>  was drilling into a Yamaha vacuum cast plate?
>
> I have no idea as to the specifics of what you found when drilling.  Just
> curious, why did you feel the need to drill through a fairly new Yamaha
plate?

Modifying it.  In this particular case I was installing some vertical hitch
pins.

> I heard a statistic once that 68% of all statistics are made up. LOL Don't
> tell me I was taken in by the statistic man.  I find it hard to believe
that
> the recast rate would be that low.  I am not beyond a public spanking and
> "oh, my goodness was I wrong here."  I had been told that by more than one
> individual.  I hate nothing more than repeating an untruth believing it to
be
> fact.  Thank you once again Del.
>
> Ed Tomlinson

According to Roger Jolly I may have been off a bit as well.  My memory is
from the late 80's and early 90's.  At the time the scrap rate was under 1%.
At least that is what we were told.  It could have been higher.  I do know
that if it is as high as was earlier quoted they would have been out of
business within the month.

Myself, I intend to bypass all of that and make steel plates.

Del