Dampp-Chaser question

Robert A. Anderson fndango@azstarnet.com
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 08:53:57 -0700

Joe Morocco wrote:

"Any Field Experts having trouble getting the new snap-on outlet in the
6
part systems to work quickly or at all ???"

Joe, the add-an-outlet does not close easily over the cord. If I try to
squeeze it shut using my thumbs and forefingers, it's really hard to do.
My solution is: I place the AAO against a beam (I'm lying under a grand
piano now), lay the cord in place, and press up with my thumbs to close
it. This way I get my arm muscles involved and it's a lot easier.

While I'm on the subject, here's my Dampp-Chaser installation kit
contents:

nut driver
nut driver, flexible shaft
1/4" thin-walled hex bit
gimlet
screw starter
tack hammer
14" flexible pick up and holder
pin-peg setter
neon test light
magnetic screwdriver, multiple bits
1/4" box end offset wrench
chalk
super plugs
add-an-outlet's
misc. hardware

I keep all this in a box 17" long, 4" wide, 3 1/2" deep. I can fit this
box in a complete D-Ch. system box, and then I can carry the whole thing
as one unit.

I use the 14" pick up tool to feed the power cord from the bottom cavity
to the top in a vertical piano. I use the gimlet to start humidistat
screw holes in grand installations: first tack the 'stat in place with
velcro, then the gimlet will fit through the holes in the 'stat for
screw hole starting. The offset box wrench is good for tightening 'stat
screws in tight places.

Other tools I use in installations:

free standing flashlight
Dremel MiniMight cordless drill(I drill most screw holes with this)

I use these last two items for other purposes, so they're not in my D-Ch
installation box. But they fit in the system box along with everything
else when I'm heading for an installation.

Bob Anderson
Tucson, AZ