fully disclosed Yamaha lover questions Petrof

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 11:40:20 EDT

In a message dated 8/13/99 10:41:31 PM !!!First Boot!!!, ETomlinCF3@aol.com
writes:

<< Willem,

 Respectfully, who considers Petrof to be one of the premier pianos.  Not any
 of the technicians that are in Europe on this list.  When compared to
Seiler,
 Schimmel, Blutner, Bechstein, Hamburg Steinway, Bosie, Pleyel ... must I go
 on?

 <<  and are now considered one of Europe's
  premier pianos.

  Willem Blees >> >>

I said "one of Europe's."  That would imply that there are other pianos that
are also in that same category.  Granted, the ones you list are excellent
pianos.  I am not putting them down.  All I can say is what my customers tell
me when they come in my store.  Unless they are giving me a line of bull,
most of my customers tell me they like the way the Petrof plays and sounds
over the other premier pianos we have available in the St. Louis area,
Boston, Baldwin, Yamaha, Young Chang. I have even had one person tell me it
played and sounded better than the Steinways he's heard. While I would love
to have that on record, I would be the first to admit it might have been a
bit overstated.

Willem Blees