V-Pro discussion

Sat, 14 Aug 1999 07:56:15 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: Roger Jolly <baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, August 13, 1999 11:11 PM
Subject: Fwd: Re: V-Pro discussion

 >The differences in ductility are significant. The sand cast area where the
> CF3 - S4 -S6 and one vertical model, (not available in the US ) had the
> usual 10% scrap failure rate that you would find at the Kelly foundry.

10%?  That is WAY higher than it was -- or, at least, than it was claimed --
back when we were dealing with Kelly.  Or when I visited the foundry for
Baldwin.  It fairness, though, it should have been higher.  Some of the
plates we were shipped probably should have been scrapped.  Or repaired
there before they were shipped.

Del