stupid

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 00:37:15 EDT

In a message dated 8/7/99 4:31:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Wimblees@aol.com
writes:

<<
 It's called forgetfulness if you do it the first time. It's called stupidity
 if you do it a second time. Since I am waaayyy past stupid on this one, I
 have a tuning hammer, a rubber mute and a tuning fork somehwere in my car,
 and it stays there, except once or twice a year. When I use it, once or
twice
 a year, I put it right back. It will do in a pinch, and it has saved lot of
 driving.

 Willem Blees

One time I took my tuning hammer out of my tool kit with me to church so I
can tweek a string I put in the piano.  My wife put it in her purse so I
would not forget and leave it behind, and went to work the next day, purse
and all.  Only when I got to my clients house to tune her grand did I realize
it was still in her purse.  I used my impact hammer ,although quite
cumbersome, managed to get through the tuning.  I now keep a small gooseneck
hammer in my church piano and an old mute for tweeking.  You may think
someone would take it, but since then, someone donated another gooseneck
hammer, so there are now 2 in the bench.

Somehow things have a way of working out, despite my ignorance.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR