Lester grand

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 15:45:56 EDT

In a message dated 8/8/99 4:37:08 AM !!!First Boot!!!, jformsma@dixie-net.com
writes:

<< I would appreciate any input on the "rebuildability" and "resaleability" of
 a 1953 Lester grand piano.  I think it is around 6 feet (didn't
 measure--just tuned it today), and desperately needs a new pinblock.  This
 is the first one that I've seen, and, since I have no previous experience
 with this piano...I thought I'd take advantage of the expertise of the list.
 :-)

 What I was thinking about doing was rebuilding it to get some experience
 with rebuilding--then trying to sell it.

 Your thoughts are much appreciated.

 John Formsma

The way to get your feet wet in the rebuilding world, is to take a piano like
the Lester and do the work. Since this is going to be strictly for you to
learn on, if you make mistakes, you are not obligated to correct them, or
refund any money. If it turns out great, and you are proud of the work you
did, sell it for what you can, to recoup some of the money you put into it.
But if you are going to do this to "make" money, you're wasting your time.
You'll never be able to sell a Lester grand for the amount of time you've put
into it. You'll be lucky to recoup the materials you've used.

Good luck. We're here on the list to help you along the way.

Willem Blees