Let's hear it!response & question

Thu, 5 Aug 1999 11:10:28 -0400

> In a message dated 8/05/1999 8:56:41 AM, pno2nr1@juno.com writes:
>
> << When is it okay
> to bring along one's diminuitive responsibilities?
> Kris Anderson, RPT >>

Kris -

I have taken my son with me numerous times, but only on appraisals, only
with pre-approval from the customer, and only when I get a sense from the
customer that it REALLY is OK.  Many times someone wants an appraisal on
an instrument they are interested in buying RIGHT NOW, and if I am booked
solid for three weeks I will offer to do it sooner, but with the
understanding that my son will accompany me out of necessity.  I have
never met with disapproval in a situation like that. Some customers that
I have serviced regularly for years actually seem to enjoy meeting your
child, because having seen you every 6 months for 15 years you have
actually become good friends!

I would never consider bringing my child along when tuning or repairing,
though.  Sometimes an appointment must be missed because of our children,
and that is something I am willing to live with.  IMHO.

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com