pianotech-digest V1997 #1866

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 05 Aug 1999 09:10:43 -0600

Hi Mark,
             I would like to book you for a tuning, (grin) we will supply
the paint as a bonus.
Just making sure it's a nice colour.
Roger

At 07:48 AM 05/08/99 -0700, you wrote:

>"Question:  How do the rest of you handle "no-shows"? You know, the
>occasional people that make an appointment 50 miles away and aren't home
>when you get there?"
>
>I'd send out pre-printed reminder postcards (I'd fill in the day and time
of the appt.) about 4 days before the appointment.  That helped a lot.  And
when the appointment was made, I would mention, "And don't worry about
being there at exactly the appointment time.  I usually carry some paint
with me so if I'm there, and you're not, I'll keep busy by starting to
paint your garage door for you since you are buying my time anyway".
Seemed to work, had very few no-shows and a very punctual customer base for
a lot of years.  And never painted a drop.  Didn't even carry the stuff, to
be honest.

>Mark Wisner
>Yamaha

Roger Jolly