no-shows

David Nadworny nadlane@earthlink.net
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 19:22:26 -0400

Hi, Roy:

I do all I can to avoid no-shows by calling the day or evening prior to =
any and all appointments, to insure that I and the client are on the =
same page, so to speak.  No confirmation, no appointment!  If I get an =
answering machine, I insist on a callback by the next morning.  If I =
discover an empty house in spite of my confirmation, I employ a cell =
phone to call the customer while parked in their driveway.  If there is =
no answer, I leave a message on their answering machine or give them =
15-30 minutes to make an appearance.  After that, I drive away------ =
totally pissed off!

If they are a regular client and this is a first offense, I will accept =
their apology as part of my "first-time, all is forgiven" policy, =
especially if it is due to an emergency.  If they are new, I inform them =
that an additional compensatory charge will be added to the tuning or =
service fee.   If they object, I suggest that they find another =
technician.  I don't want clients who have no respect for my time!  =
However, the long and short of it is that blown appointments are part of =
the business, cost us money and introduce stress into our lives.  We =
simply must take adequate steps to insure that they remain infrequent =
occurrences in our otherwise seamless schedules.

By the way, if I must drive 50 miles for a tuning, I prefer to lump it =
in with other jobs in the area.  At least that gives me something to =
possibly fall back on in such cases.

David Nadworny
Somerville, MA
nadlane@earthlink.net=20