Damper problem... any advise? Wim

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 07:42:17 -0400

Hi Wim,

I think your take on the situation is probably pretty close to reality.
When I called the other 'tooner',  he said he had to put in a damper wire.
(By his description, you would have thought he had to put in a new
pinblock...)

As far as the customer paying...  I'm working for a dealer on this one.  I
doubt there will even be a charge to the customer.  (I _will_ get paid from
the dealer.)  But he's doing it as a gesture of good will, with the hopes
that the customer will trade the piano in on a new or used Steinway, which
he has indicated that he may do.  Schmoozing, is that how you spell it?...

Anyway, thanks.  Having to drive that far and not quite knowing what I'll
find has me a little nervous.  I know, I know,... relax and enjoy the ride.

I'll let you know how it went.

Brian Trout
Quarryville, Pa.
btrout@desupernet.net