Tight and Squeaky Tuning Pins

Sun, 1 Aug 1999 18:37:24 -0400

Rob -

This has happened to me a couple times.  One time I let it go and
"wrassled" it every time I tuned it for a couple years, after which it
surprisingly became very nice to tune; firm, but no wrestling match.  The
second time I actually turned the most objectionable pins back and forth
MANY times by 1/4 turns and that was very helpful in that case.  No
guarantee, but worth shakin' a branch or two to see what falls out!

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com