Yamaha Spinet...

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 21:34:31 -0400

We got a Yamaha spinet in trade at our shop a few weeks ago, I'd guess =
it's 25 years old or so.  My first reaction was JUNK IT!  (Not that =
junking it was even close to possible... we had a Grand Co. spinet =
around for over a year with a broken plate...)=20

But upon further inspection, it's not a bad piano.  It looks to have =
been very well made.  Nice soundboard, nice bridges, decent action,  the =
only thing wrong was the tuning pins were loose.  (We're trying out the =
CA treatment on this one, just to see how it goes.  So far, so good.)

The point was that despite being ugly, and having loose tuning pins, I =
was actually impressed at how well it was put together.

Just a thought...

Best to all,

Brian Trout
Quarryville, Pa.