Rebuilding a Kimball grand...Del

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 21:34:17 -0400

Hi Del,

Thank you very much for your reply.  And thank you for the lesson on the
reasons behind those braces.  I never really considered them to be acoustic
in nature, but now that you explain it, it makes sense to me.  The way you
describe the way you put them in kind of reminds me of the way 1880's
Knabe's and 1890's Henry F. Miller's were put together.  They were built
like battleships!

Again, Del, I really appreciate your taking the time to explain this to me.
I'll be keeping a copy of your response for future reference.  (Are you
doing any more articles for the Journal?  You're a good writer, and I would
certainly enjoy another series! )

Best wishes,

Brian Trout
Quarryville, Pa.