vintage Knabe?

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 10:19:46 EDT

In a message dated 4/18/99 10:58:45 PM !!!First Boot!!!, pjenkin@gwi.net
writes:

<< Hello. My name is Pamela Jenkins. I am a tuner in coastal Maine.
 Are there any piano historians out there who would know the approximate
 worth of a Knabe console manufactured in 1942 with a # of 134020.

 A customer of mine received a valuation from a company of 15,900.  I was
 skeptical.  Any ideas? >>

$15,900 for a pre war console?  Wow. Who ever appraised this piano has
absolutely no concept of the worth of pianos. A 57 year old Knabe console in
excellent condition is worth about $1,000, and probably a lot less,
considering it lived in Maine for all these years.

Willem Blees  RPT
St. Louis