wippen heel cushion

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 10:14:12 EDT

nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET writes:

<< Hi gang,
 Tomorrow, I have to rebuild a set of old Knabe wippens since I can't get
 direct replacements. The original heel covering was leather, and I really
 didn't see any reason not to replace it with same. This hasn't come up for
 me before, so I thought I'd troll the list for thoughts, pro and con. Any
 suggestions, reasons?

 Thanks,
  Ron

What is the reason you want to replace the wippen cushion?  The answer
probably is that it is too noisy. So the question is, which do you think will
be the better material in the long run: leather or wool?  I think you know
the answer to that question.

Wim