even tone?

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 21:09:12 EDT

Anne, "Queen of the Victorian Temperament" wrote:

>Interestingly,   tonality has experienced a resurgence even in the rarified
>ivory tower composition world.    I have
>had the pleasure of introducing non-equal temperaments to one modern
>composer, (though he is long out of the ivory tower, and gave up his atonal
>ways years ago) and he immediately noticed and responded to the difference.
>He is quite comfortable on my Victorian tuned grand, and notes that he
>improvises differently than on his usual electronic keyboard.

Greetings,
     This is great progress.   That AB has scored a composer is, (to use my
son's description), way cool!
   I would also like to mention to any of the latecomers here on the list,
that Anne has a CD of herself playing a Victorian tuning with Richard Turner
singing. It is "Voices That Are Gone", (on Corvus records), and is a really
nice sounding set of songs, for sure.  It has been in our house rotation here
since we got it, and is usually part of at least one weekend afternoon a
month.  Maybe it is the tonality, maybe the playing, maybe even both!, but
there is something in there that is ever entertaining.  Try it, you will like
it.
Regards,
Ed Foote