Just a question about Freedom of speech on this list

kam544@earthlink.net kam544@earthlink.net
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 17:31:22 -0600

>...I feel that we should be free to express our thoughts about for
>instance the
>quality of any given instrument. It should not matter whether my opinion is
>negative or positive...

>...should I be afraid to use its name
>because somebody on the list will get angry for personal or whatever
>reasons?...

>...Very early in life, and especially during history class, I must have gotten
>a "dis"taste of dictators...

>Antares

Andre,

What you have said is eloquent in nature and is essentially desirable on
the surface, but not always practical, as everyone has their own concept of
what freedom is.

Didn't even you have a run in with some 'powers that be' back in March
1997.  You were on the Pianotech List at that time proclaiming some
information that apparently didn't set well with some and decided to leave
for awhile and reconsider your situation.

Surely from that experience, you must have at least learned and
acknowledged that there are lines that others who have the muscle prefer
not be crossed, and if crossed, those same powers that be can and do exert
certain and definite persuasive choices to discontinue such activity deemed
unacceptable.

Aside from all this, I know you are an exceptional technician, and that is
what ultimately matters in a piano forum.  Count me as one who is thankful
you have returned to the Pianotech List..

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern
kam544@earthlink.net
Registered Piano Technician