O.K. how about another one!?!

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 09:36:53

Hi Mike,
         No it is not true, I am currently but slowly replacing pre hung
hammer sets on our 20yr old University C3's, also rebushing the keys, with
great success. If there is a wooden action rail on the G3, then you will
have to hang the hammers. The wooden rails have neither the stability or
accuracy of machining of the aluminum counter part, making pre hung
non-viable.
Regards Roger

At 09:06 AM 4/16/99 +0000, you wrote:
> Hello List,
>        Yamaha G3E 2033567, a practice room grand,  has the frozen
>hammer flange problem which seems to happen only on some keys.  FYI,
>Protek worked for one week, repinning has worked for atleast a year and
>is still working.  There have also been some problems with tight damper
>guide rail bushings on this piano.  (related?).   Noticed also that
>hammer centers are squeeky.  Someone mentioned replacing with Yamaha
>pre-hung hammers as a good option which is only a half-day job, but it
>was my understanding that these were only available for pianos under ten
>years old. True?
>-Mike Jorgensen

Roger Jolly
Balwin Yamaha Piano Centres.