Fire/smoke damage

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 20:01:49 EDT

We discussed smoke and fire damage to pianos before. My thoughts are that
smoke and the soot that is created by smoke, penetrates into everything,
including the insides of the piano. Because of that, I would "total" the
piano. But here comes the tough part.

A Kincaid console is only worth about $1000, (and that's being generous). If
the customer did NOT have replacement insurance, the insurance company is
obligated to give the customer $1000. The customer then has to buy another
piano for $1000. Can that be done in her area?

If she has replacement value insurance, then the insurance is obligated to
buy her a piano of equal quality.  Anyone out there want to guess at a piano
that is equal in quality to the Kincaid?

Willem Blees