1956 Steinway console

VOCE88@AOL.COM VOCE88@AOL.COM
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 19:35:37 EDT

In a message dated 4/10/99 8:30:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Billbrpt@AOL.COM
writes:

> << I M H O - the Steinway 40" consoles were PSO's from the start. Board
>  doesn't
>   need to be dead for the piano to be.
>
>   Regards,
>
>   Richard Galassini
>   Cunningham Piano Co.
>   Phila.,Pa.
>   1 800 394 1117
>    >>
>  If trashing Kimball weren't bad enough, now they're doing it to Steinway.
>  What does "PSO" mean?  It seems to be the most often used Acronym on the
>  List, even more than "ET" but I've never seen anyone define it.  They must
> be
>  dirty words.
>
>  Bill Bremmer RPT
>  Madison, Wisconsin

PSO = piano shaped object, Bill. I first saw the term in a press release by a
Steinway exec. referring to all other pianos that are not the "instrument of
the immortals." Further, Bill, I was not "trashing" Steinway - only their 40"
console. Although it is an "OK" piano (Ive never played one better than OK)
it is NOT the same quality as their larger uprights.

Might be why they don't make 'em anymore. Just a hunch.

Regards,
Richard Galassini
Cunningham Piano Co.
Phila.,Pa.