Petrof & Renner actions

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 23:25:37 EDT

In a message dated 4/08/1999 11:08:27 PM, Julie wrote:

<< "I've read many of the archives on the Petrof grands with great interest.
 I would like to know if there are others that have come across these
"new" Petrof grands with the Renner actions, as I am seriously
considering purchasing this piano for my studio.">>

Julie; Since you read the archives you probably read some of my negative
comments on earlier Petrofs.  Those comments were accurate on the era of
Petrof I was speaking of.
  Because of that thread I made it a point to search out "newer" model
Petrofs (actually only got to try two) with the Renner actions and was
pleasantly suprised in finding that the new pianos are a different animal
with the same name. Very nice feel/responsiveness. and a full rich mellow
tone. Finish well done and very neat workmanship overall. Everything did what
it was supposed to do...when it was supposed to do it.

 If your Petrof is like the two I have examined, and it sounds like it is,
and you like the feel/looks/sound of it, as well as the asking price
well..............go for it.
  You probably won't be sorry you bought the performance you want rather than
a name you thought you should have.
Jim Bryant (FL)