"upright" economics

ANRPiano@AOL.COM ANRPiano@AOL.COM
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 05:20:06 EDT

Frank wrote

<< No matter what the name on the fallboard, premium and complete work to
 rebuild an upright will cost about twice what the piano will bring.  The
 only people making money "rebuilding" old uprights are those who get them
 for little or nothing, do just enough to make them playable and
 presentable, and sell them relatively cheaply.

 Frank,

The work I do "rebuilding" uprights includes but is not limited to:  complete
action replacement, bridge repair or replacement, full or partial
restringing, and a gloss closed pore finish.  I believe in most cases this
work would be concidered a substantial rebuilding job!  I do but them for
little or nothing which is what they are worth in their original condition.
And I do make a fair amount of money for my efforts.  The trick is to work
very effieciently amont other things.

ANR