Billing for your (travel) time...

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Mon, 05 Apr 1999 13:09:36 -0400

Wim and everybody,

I was never taught anything about travel time that I can recall.  I just
know that after I get too far from home I want to be reimbursed for the
extra time.  I got a map of the state, cut it down to my local area and
pasted it onto cardboard.  It now measures about 8.5" X 11".  I put a
compass point on my hometown and drew three circles, 15, 20 and 25 miles
from my home.  Service calls 15-20 miles from my home are charged an
extra $6, and those 20-25 miles away pay an extra $12.

I always tell clients about the mileage charges when I receive the work
order.  I often suggest to those in the $12 area (or beyond) it might be
better to find someone closer to their home, but they usually want me to
come anyway.

Clyde Hollinger