Jazz tuning style?

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 07:10:37 EDT

o-anders@online.no writes:

<< As a jazzmusician and consertarranger I believe ET is prefered by a
 touring Jazzpianist. >>

This sounds very logical.  For Jazz, it would just *have* to be ET, wouldn't
it?

 <<This is a question to HT freaks.
 If you want to give him a HT on his own or his recording piano could you
 center the Bb note in stead of C? What I try to say is can you build it
 around Bb so the D and A-major gets poorer and the Ab and Db-major  gets
 better. That would mix better with a trompet and saxofon wouldn´t it? >>

No, I think ET would be better.  That way, everyone will be happy, no one
will be angry except those HT freaks.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin