Tuning Rates are subjective on this list.

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 15:27:49 -0600 (CST)

>Plumbers generally have some $50,000 in parts, $10,000 on their truck
>and some have back hoes or trenching tools.  Their show price reflects
>their investment.

* How many times do they have to pay for their initial investment? Mine adds
up to a fair amount too.

>Plumbers are expensive, but they are also licensed and controlled.  We
>are not.

* Then why did I have to tear apart, and re-do parts of a water line
replacement installation after the plumbers left, when they hadn't done it
like I requested? No, I didn't consider calling them back, because I had
already made them do it over once when they were here, and I'd had enough
punishment for one job. I could step into the average plumber's job with
very little additional training and probably pass as a professional within a
month. I'd bloody well like to meet the plumber who could do the same in MY
job. Using plumber scale/service as a standard, we ought to be making $300
per hour, and if an out of tune piano ruined a basement like a backed up
sewer does, we would be. That's what defines the worth of the relative
services, not the skill level involved, or the investment in training or
hardware.

 Ron