Tuning Rates are subjective on this list.

Wallace F. Wilson WILSON53@MARSHALL.EDU
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 15:59:16 -0500

Jay - Happy Thanksgiving!

	Following up on your post re rates, I think the question is: what are
you worth?  Are you an RPT?  How about the fellow whose rates are as you
quote?  (rhetorical questions; please, no answer) I'd like to encourage
you to take heart, assess your skill level as realistically as you can,
and follow through.  So many folks undervalue what they can do.  Others,
of course, overvalue.  My point is, be realistic, set learning goals,
and charge what you're worth.  Nobody's going to do it for you.  If the
situation is that you do better work, you *should* charge more because
you're worth it. The kind of customers everybody wants are those who
will pay for quality work and will tell their friends.