Tuning Rates are subjective on this list. back to Newton

James Grebe pianoman@inlink.com
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 15:29:04 -0600

Sounds like you could use a sweet young thing to uplift your spirits. :+AD4-)
James Grebe from St. Louis
RPT
pianoman+AEA-inlink.com
Home of Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups and Practical Piano Peripherals
-----Original Message-----
From: Newton Hunt +ADw-nhunt+AEA-jagat.com+AD4-
To: pianotech+AEA-ptg.org +ADw-pianotech+AEA-ptg.org+AD4-
Date: Thursday, November 26, 1998 12:54 PM
Subject: Re: Tuning Rates are subjective on this list.

+AD4-Plumbers generally have some +ACQ-50,000 in parts, +ACQ-10,000 on their truck
+AD4-and some have back hoes or trenching tools.  Their show price reflects
+AD4-their investment.
+AD4-
+AD4-Plumbers are expensive, but they are also licensed and controlled.  We
+AD4-are not.
+AD4-
+AD4-My cousin is a plumber and I worked with him a couple of times.  I later
+AD4-had a better appreciation of why he charged what did.
+AD4-
+AD4-If you are not in the middle middle or the upper middle class in your
+AD4-community you are not charging enough for your services.
+AD4-
+AD4-Those who are tuning 30 pianos a week, or the equivalent will have a
+AD4-higher standard of living, but will spend more time and energy acquiring
+AD4-it.  I will not work that hard.
+AD4-
+AD4-Walk a mile in another professioinals shoes and pay his bills before
+AD4-critizing his prices.
+AD4-
+AD4-                     Newton (overworked, under paid, under appreciated,
+AD4-taken advantage of)
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-