tuning theory, speed, technique - then accuracy

Carl Root rootfamily@erols.com
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 08:10:50 -0400

Don wrote:
> And what is the *theory* of hammer technique?
(snip)
> >hammer technique
> > takes a while to master . . . . often well after you've learned how to
> > apply the necessary theory.

The reference was to tuning theory - coincident partials -  not hammer
technique.

Dave,
With regard to speed,  I'm not sure that tuning speed necessarily
improves with time and practice after the intial break in period of a
hundred pianos or so.  I think it's more a function of your working
environment.  If your first job doing dealer prep or school pianos
requires you to do a minimum of four a day, you will be building
accuracy on top of speed rather than the other way around.

At least that't how I did it.

Carl Root, RPT