Pitch Anticipation

Carl Root rootfamily@erols.com
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 08:23:42 -0400

Tune practice room pianos to A-440.

I used to make minor changes to A-440 and when I did, the key factor in
following the pitch with seasonal changes was the bass section.  If the
bass doesn't change much, I can't see raising it sharp in the summer to
follow the dramatic rise in humid summer conditions or lowering it in
the winter becasue they've got the heat cranked way up.  While pin
torque may be compromised with excessive corrections, dry heat is more
likely the cause, and isn't it likely that loose pins will show up in
the bass first?

Carl Root, RPT