Pitch raises

Dick Powell dbpowell1@juno.com
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 15:06:56 -0600

Bill, most customers I've run across don't know if they need a pitch
raise or not untill I get to there house & check it out & then explain to
them what a pitch raise is . When they call I do ask them how long its
been since they had their piano tuned & if its been a long time I tell
them thats its quite possible their piano will need a pitch . I give them
my cost & also explain the possibilty of strings breaking & the
replacement cost.
Dick---Associate PTG ---Louisiana

 A customer, however, should be able to call a
technician, state that they absolutely know they need only a pitch raise
and
tuning, on a piano that is otherwise perfect, and you should be able to
give
the total cost over the phone.  Until that happens, until there is a
"pitch
raise standard" - many tuners on this list will be  more closely related
con-artists than “professionals”.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]