Too much of a good thing

David Porritt dporritt@swbell.net
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 09:46:27 -0600

Clyde:

I don't know where you live but here in a large city I first limited how
far I'd drive.  Calls outside of "my area" I refer to others.  I tried
to be helpful and most people here who ever get in traffic certainly
understood that limitation.  I no longer make reminder calls.  Some
customers have complained mildly about that, but...  I also would not
try to be the low budget tuner.  This has been the most difficult for
me.  As a poor working slob I have sympathy for the other poor working
slobs and I haven't raised my rates as much as I should (at least my
wife really thinks so!)

It is hard to work for years building a business then suddenly change to
a mode where you limit it.  It just goes against your instincts.
Cutting back, however, is better than ulcers, strokes and heart attacks.

dave

--

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts