=?gb2312?B?u9i4tDogSGVpbnR6bWFuIFBpYW5vcw==?=

lianqii lianqii@sy-public.ln.cninfo.net
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 22:37:23 +0800

Date:10:15 Nov.23  1998
from: lianqii@pub.ln.cninfo.net
=20
Hello Elian,
=20
Heintzman piano is made by Beijing Heintzman Piano Co.LTD. It is a =
smaller piano factory,but the piano is one of the best in China.China =
has four large piano factories and many smaller factories.
Heintzman Piano Co. makes both upright and grand pianos.It was =
established about ten years ago.The general manger and nearly all the =
skilled workers came from Beijing Hsinghai Piano Factory,one of the four =
largest piano factories in China.So,even if it has a very short =
history,it can make the better pianos in China.
The action of upright piano is made in China.The soundboard is =
unusual(you can see it clearly from the back)and it is made by another =
piano factory in the northeast of China.
The customer told you the piano costs $2000.00 .  yes,most Chinese =
pianos cost $1000 to $2000.In China,It is estimated that there are more =
than one million(1,000,000) children are learning piano playing,few of =
the Chinese family can afford to buy a Basendofer or a Hamburg =
Steinway,as you know,China is a developing country.=20
Most of the China--making pianos need regulation.I think there are two =
reasons for this,one is because the shape--change of wood.
Another reason is probably because the workers are not skilled =
enough.China has a 5,000 years of civilization history,but she has less =
than 50 years of piano making history!=20

Thank you for your interesting in Chinese piano.
=20
Baoli Liu
Shenyang Conservatory of Music
P.R.China