TL97

Frank Weston klavier@annap.infi.net
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 08:20:48 -0500

Hello James,

I use TL97, and I have used it about two years.  It's a tremendous value
for the dollar, and it provides every useful function other VTD's provide.

A drawback for some is that while other VTD's make the big decisions for
the tuner, TL97 presents the information and requires the tuner to make the
decisions.  If the tuner does not understand what he is about, he will have
trouble with TL97; however, the bottom line is that TL97, in the hands of a
skilled operator is capable of providing as good a quality tuning as any
other VTD, just as quickly, and with more information which can be
subjected to more in-depth analysis presented.

Now, maybe someone out there could answer a question for me.  Why is it
that in list discussions of VTDs, the big two names frequently come up and
TL97 is rarely mentioned?

Frank Weston