Hammer felt problem

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 08:07:02 -0500

Phil,
For those stubborn, hard to get to places . . .
Dental floss.

Start with the end tucked into the felt/molding opening.
Squeese the gap closed and wrap the floss. After a few windings you
can apply more tension and sinch the gap closed.
Pliers help to add pressure to keep the felt to the molding during the
winding process.  Watch out for the thick CA oozing out, so don't over-do it.
To finish off the floss, pull it under the end of the taper
and reapply CA and accelerator; that will nail it in place, cut.

The floss does not add bluk to the sides but in the event of rubbing,
the floss can be removedonce the glue has set.

Floss is great for wrapping split hammer shanks also. The convenient
thing about it is that it comes in its own little case for storage in your
tool box.

Jon Page