CA Glue

Frank Weston klavier@annap.infi.net
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 08:25:12 -0500

There are so called "foam compatible" CA glues with "foam compatible"
accelerators.  These glues do not have toxic fumes, nor do the
accelerators.  I use Bob Smith Super Gold, and keep the accelerator in a
small plastic spray bottle.  The stuff costs twice as much, but the lack of
fumes is motivation enough for me.

Frank Weston

----------
> From: Billbrpt@AOL.COM
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: CA Glue
> Date: Monday, November 16, 1998 10:36 PM
>
> In a message dated 11/16/98 6:40:41 PM Central Standard Time,
> jpage@capecod.net writes:
>
> << I'm looking for alternative accelerators. >>
>
> One of my colleagues (who is not on the List) uses baking soda.  I'm not
sure
> how he applies it but he prefers it to the smell of the usual
accelerator.

> As Susan mentioned in past posts, plain water or moisture will also
accelerate
> CA glue.
>
> The thicker viscosities are less prone to a too rapid (white and fluffy)
cure.