Spinet hammer return spring

kam544@earthlink.net kam544@earthlink.net
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 22:23:55 -0600

>Andy,
>
>...see if you can first start the screw that fastens the repair
>spring plate to the spring rail

There is an awl tool that is available that can make a starter hole for the
small screw.

>Then, slide the plate under the screw head and tighten.
>Thomas A. Cole, RPT

That's a neat idea, Tom.  Might try it out next time.

Myself, after using the awl, I use a magnetized, long, small screwdriver
blade that holds the screw in one hand, and with the other hand, I hold the
repair spring upside down.  And very gingerly mate the two on the rail,
adjust as necessary, and button it down.

Keith McGavern
kam544@earthlink.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731