Everett

Henry Kopek all4tuning@worldnet.att.net
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 22:44:04 -0600

Fred.... I have the same situation on an Everett.  Actually, someone tried
to remedy the problem with larger pins, and they were almost looser than
loose.  Some notes from a class long ago state that "lanolin was used as a
lube to drive the pressure bar screws on Everetts from about 1965 to 1975,
and it wicked into the lower pin area." Yamaha was supplying resin powder
and epoxy for the fix, according to my notes from the early '80's. I plan
to try the CA glue remedy if the owner agrees. Would appreciate comments
from anyone who has tried CA glue on an Everett with this problem.
Thanks and regards,  Henry Kopek, Chicago Chapter

--